14.10.07

peter pan collared dress



i made this a couple months ago







  • Created: july 23, 2007
  • Material: so soft striped linen
  • Pattern: my adaptation of a built by wendy simplicity design
  • Time It Took To Make: about a week, spread over a month or so.
  • Makes Me Think Of These Fond Memories: working on this in the cool basement, inspired by loney, dear, the triumph of finally figuring out some built by wendy sleeves that don't look like wings, just having enough fabric to complete this dress (literally no scraps left), finally feeling very proud of something i made.
  • And, The Not-So-Fond Memories: almost giving up on this dress before i was struck with the brilliant idea to add a peter pan collar, ripping out the seam binding i originally added onto the neckline.



4 comments:

kayleen said...

*sigh* i love a great peter pan collar. it looks lovely.

my name is elly said...

thanks kayleen, hey, can i hire you to update my blog? just kidding. well... sort of kidding... i think you're the funniest writer! seriously.

Anonymous said...

This dress is absolutely wonderful!! I love everything about it!!! I have never attempted any clothing larger than that which would fit my 20 month old, but now I am inspired! Any chance you would share your pattern? josilva3@yhoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love your sewing projects! This one is especially cute!!