16.11.07

a true boden bobble scarf



a better boden







  • Created: october 16, 2007

  • Pattern: my own, but based on a scarf seen in boden

  • Yarn: one skein of a gold "brown sheep company" wool found at the thrift store for 87 cents!

  • Needles: straight, size 7

  • Makes Me Think Of These Fond Memories: being excited about the coming fall weather every time i'd look at this striking gold yarn while i knit, finding a wonderful video on how to knit a bobble stitch that helped to make sense of the confusing written directions i had found.

  • And, The Not-So-Fond Memories: wishing i had another skein of this wool to make this scarf long enough to actually be worn.






8 comments:

Denise said...

This scarf looks beautiful! I love the color! If I saw one like this in a store, I'd buy it in an instant!

Anonymous said...

I,too, fell in love with the Boden scarves this fall. Sooo cute!

melissa said...

Love love love the pattern and texture, and that colour - wonderful!

my name is elly said...

thanks everyone! this is really an easy scarf to make and i plan on sharing the pattern (it's really just a stitch pattern) on here if anyone is interested.

Anonymous said...

Please do share the pattern! I LOVE this scarf!
Nat

Anonymous said...

Great Blog and beautiful scarf I would love the pattern, thanks for sharing the photo

Anonymous said...

We'd love the pattern for this beautifully simple study in texture!

Megan Hahn said...

I would love the pattern : )